Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Liberal Interpretation

When we read scriptures with the boys each evening, we always take a few minutes after we read to talk about it so that the boys can begin to understand what the scriptures are teaching us.  Kev was gone this evening so I was in charge of scripture time.  Our reading included 3 Nephi 27:28-29.  "And verily I say unto you, whatsoever things ye shall ask the Father in my name shall be given unto you.  Therefore, ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you; for he that asketh, receiveth; and unto him that knocketh, it shall be opened."

Our discussion of those verses went something like this:
Me: “Does that mean if we knock on a door Heavenly Father will really open it?”
Daniel: “No.”
Me: “Then what does it mean?”
Matthew: “Ring the doorbell!”

That very effectively ended our discussion as I had no response for that.  Out of the mouths of babes?