In other news we spent the morning at Grant's Tomb and the afternoon at the American Museum of Natural History. Grant's tomb is one of those lesser known historical sites that can be found in New York. Everyone knows about The Statue of Liberty, but these other places we have visited are frequently nearly deserted. And I enjoy them all. (I know, history geek. Go ahead and say it. You would never know that only a night before cram session and some stinkin' good luck led to me passing my A.P. American History exam.)
The Exterior of Grant's TombA few weeks before I left for New York, Daniel was reading a book on how to become a paleontologist and informed me that the first dinosaur skeleton to ever be mounted for viewing was the t-rex in the American Museum of Natural History and that if I went there I might see it. He was mighty excited, so I made sure to see the aforementioned t-rex and sent him a picture.
The museum was much bigger than we had anticipated and we didn't have time to see everything we would have liked, but we had fun . . . of course. Especially Esther. She was so in her element.


I won't bore you with more of the fifty thousand pictures I took for Daniel, but we saw much more than dinosaurs. There were rocks and planets and ancient peoples and a ton more things we didn't even get to. It just gives me a good excuse to go back some day.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch:
Kev took the boys camping with Papa. When I called to talk to them they were chasing bunnies, feeding fish, and generally having too much fun to talk to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment