Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Wednesday, April 29, 2026

Sounds of the South

While we were talking to Matthew this evening, he used the colloquialism “dadgum” in a sentence. And not ironically, either. It was a seriously legitimate comment. The funny thing to me is that it was totally natural. He didn’t pause or anything. It just rolled right out. 😂

I think he is going to come home with a little bit of the south deeply ingrained in him. He is loving the people and loving the area. He is embracing the culture and the linguistic tendencies. He is already talking about where he wants to take us when we get to Arkansas. Maybe I should ask him what southern foods smell the best so I can figure out how to make some authentic southern eats for him to sample at home. Because that is the one aspect of the traditions of the area that he doesn’t get to experience. Other than the Slap Ya Mama, that is. 😉

No comments: