Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, December 15, 2025

Preoccupied with Peppermint

It’s a well-established fact that I love to bake. And it’s also a fact that I’m a big fan of cheesecake and have really enjoyed creating some amazing ones here at home so that my food allergy kiddos can enjoy the creamy, dreamy taste of a good cheesecake as well. Over the past few years, I’ve reserved cheesecake for my birthday, but I came across a white chocolate peppermint cheesecake recipe that looked absolutely divine, so I jumped the gun a bit and made cheesecake a few weeks in advance. I mean, peppermint flavored goodies at Christmas time are kind of ubiquitous and I know that I won’t be craving that particular flavor as much once January rolls around. So, I broke my one treat a week rule, which honestly, I’ve broken pretty much every week since Thanksgiving, and created a red and white swirled confection that just screams out North Pole.

I wanted to make sure there was plenty of peppermint flavor, so I used peppermint extract in addition to the Andes white chocolate peppermint baking chips the recipe called for as well as a bit of extract in the whipped cream I swirled on top. The verdict on this particular cheesecake is that it is delicious, but maybe just a bit too strongly flavored. I think that if I leave the whipped cream plain next time, the flavors will balance better. But despite that, I really enjoyed it! It is rich, creamy, and I suspect it will be making a repeat appearance in Decembers yet to come.

No comments: