While most of my culinary creations in the past month have fallen into the dessert category, today was my Christmas themed meal day. It wasn’t a completely new concept this year, but it did have a not Matthew friendly twist. This year’s pull apart Christmas tree bread featured a cheesy filling. It was an addition that we have happily gone without for the past eighteen years, but I’ll be honest and say that it felt like a treat to be able to put a little dairy on the menu. And both Kevin and Malia asked for a repeat performance in the near future, so I think they enjoyed it as well. We added to the Christmas tree theme with some fun cucumber and tomato trees. They weren’t quite as cute as the ones I saw online, but they were recognizable and added some necessary veggies to our meal. Even the soup was themed…sort of. The sausage and orzo soup had roasted red peppers and spinach, so I figure it ticks off the red/green Christmas color palette. 😉
I feel like I’ve had a bit of a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year and I’m sure that having the weather acting more like spring than winter has contributed to that, but I think having a little seasonal cheer appear on the dinner table has helped.
No comments:
Post a Comment