Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, October 20, 2025

Are You My Mummy?

Like pancakes, sugar cookies are a blank canvas with an infinite number of possibilities. I don’t utilize them as often as I do pancakes, but sometimes I just crave a good sugar cookie. Add a simple Halloween themed twist, and dessert is served. An added bonus? When arms or legs break off due to super soft dough or ineptitude (yes, sometimes I just muck things up) or someone ends up with only one eye (I was rushing because I was really supposed to be cooking dinner rather than decorating sugar cookies), there is no need to worry. Sometimes mummies just lose parts. It’s all part of the deal. So those little baking mishaps add a charming Halloweeny twist. And whether whole or maimed, they taste good. 


No comments: