Malia did not have school today, so Rachael, amazing sister that she is, picked her up after school yesterday so she could spend the weekend with Rachael and her crew. Matthew’s schedule is such that Malia would have been home by herself for the bulk of the long weekend, and that is definitely not something she likes. She was alone for a lot of the evenings when Kevin and I were in Texas earlier this year, and none of us wanted a repeat performance of that solitude, so I am very grateful that Rachael was willing and able to take her for a few days. And that means she will get some serious Kate time as well!
This evening’s entertainment was a monster truck rally. Malia had never been before and was suitably impressed. She sent videos of a guy on a motorcycle making some crazy impressive jumps. I have to remember that she was not around when Evil Knievel was super popular. And yes, I know I just dated myself by admitting that I was around when he was super popular. đŸ˜‚ Anyway, she was totally wowed by this guy’s death-defying cycle acrobatics and although she was unsure about the whole thing beforehand, she ended up having a really great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment