Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, April 5, 2024

Semi-Private Prom

For the past three years, prom at the high school has ended up being held on the same day that the indoor percussion kids have a competition. I think it is actually the final competition of the season. As such, none of those kids who participate can attend prom. This year the band teacher decided to give them an opportunity to have a quintessential high school experience and scheduled “Band Prom,” a separate event for only the band kids. Matthew decided he wanted to go, so he asked Alex, his best friend, to be his date and she was happy to agree. This evening, while I was getting settled into our hotel room and sleeping off some travel exhaustion, Matthew took Alex to Color Me Mine and then to the prom. While I wasn’t home to get the firsthand report, they had a good time!



No comments: