Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

I Think I’ve Become a Fan of Zydeco Music

Before Texas (because I suspect there are several ways in which my life will be defined in terms of before or after Texas, things such as my appreciation for kolaches before Texas and after Texas as well as my understanding of what makes a good pecan pie before Texas and after Texas) I only knew what zydeco music is based on one episode of The Gilmore Girls. And that one episode presented zydeco in an unpleasant, totally redneck kind of fashion. But after our second lunch at Razzoo’s Cajun Café (yes, we enjoyed the food that much) I’m starting to like it. It is zippy and upbeat, makes you want to tap your toes, has its own unique sound and is actually quite fun. I suspect I’m going to have to do some exploring once we get home to find some tunes to add to my music library. The soundtrack of my life is already quite varied, and adding some zydeco will give it yet another element of musical whiplash. LAUGHING WITH TEARS SMILEY

This trip to Texas has been a quick one, just a brief foray into unknown territory, but I have enjoyed it. While it has been said that there is no place like home, and I am glad to be headed to mine, there are some things about Texas that I find quite appealing. For instance, the bluebonnets, which are considered weeds by some, are far more picturesque than the thistles and sagebrush that spring forth of their own accord in my own neck of the woods. And honestly, it’s a bit tough to find good Cajun food in Utah…

No comments: