Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, October 4, 2021

Halloween Treats-Season 2

I had so much fun creating a series of Halloween themed treats for FHE last year that I decided to do it again. As always, Pinterest was my go-to location for finding fun ideas and I have gathered up a new assortment of tasty and spooky goodies for this year.

I don’t generally go in for blood, guts, and gore. I don’t like scary movies and I hate haunted houses. I know some people love the adrenaline rush that being scared gives them, but I just hate it. It makes me feel…icky and ill at ease. Being scared feels like the opposite of what I generally strive to achieve in my life-peace, calm, joy, and contentment. Having said that, when I saw the idea for this evening’s treat it made me laugh so I decided to include it. Malia has been asking for cinnamon rolls anyway, so why not make them our first Halloween sweet of the season? And if they just happen to look like bloody intestines, that’s in keeping with this month’s treat theme, right? I’ll admit that I felt a bit like a mad scientist as I was adding the icing to our gruesome treat, but it was still fun. 😉 And despite their appearance, they were still delicious.
 


No comments: