A month or so ago, Rachael’s daughter Kate, who is Malia’s age, made bread almost entirely on her own. Rachael shared a picture of Kate and her amazing loaf with all of us. Malia thought that was pretty neat stuff and not wanting to be outdone, decided she had better get her act together and learn to make bread. We set aside this morning as bread day and with only some guidance and instruction from me, Malia crafted some delicious loaves of her very own. I have a Bosch so she didn’t learn to knead it by hand, but that’s the next step.
Malia’s interest in helping in the kitchen has waned quite a bit over the past few years and I’ve actually missed having some helpers. Knowing Kate is becoming a cooking whiz has rekindled Malia’s interest and I love it. Not only do I love having her help, but I love knowing that she wants to learn to be a proficient cook. That is something I’ve worked to teach all my kids and I’m glad she is once again a willing participant in Mom hosted cooking lessons.
The house smelled amazing all day and the boys were terribly happy to sample Malia’s success. To be honest, I was terribly happy to be a taste tester as well. Warm bread is the ultimate comfort food and always brings to mind feelings of safety and security, thoughts of home.
Malia’s interest in helping in the kitchen has waned quite a bit over the past few years and I’ve actually missed having some helpers. Knowing Kate is becoming a cooking whiz has rekindled Malia’s interest and I love it. Not only do I love having her help, but I love knowing that she wants to learn to be a proficient cook. That is something I’ve worked to teach all my kids and I’m glad she is once again a willing participant in Mom hosted cooking lessons.
The house smelled amazing all day and the boys were terribly happy to sample Malia’s success. To be honest, I was terribly happy to be a taste tester as well. Warm bread is the ultimate comfort food and always brings to mind feelings of safety and security, thoughts of home.


No comments:
Post a Comment