Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, February 5, 2021

Wacky Weather

The past year has been a weird one and it seems that trend is extending to the weather now. All my life I’ve heard the adage to never eat yellow snow, but today I’m thinking that should be expanded to include brown snow. Because that’s what we’ve got.

 
Some internet searching informed us that the strong winds associated with today’s storm kicked up loads of dust and salt which mixed with the snow that then fell as the storm progressed eastward. We also learned that while this phenomenon has happened before, it is most definitely not a common occurrence. Since I’m forty-seven and have never seen this kind of snow before, I would have to agree with it being a rarity. I guess today’s dust colored precipitation is another one for the record books…or the blog.

No comments: