Last night was the long-awaited night. It was time to see “Wicked.” Nathan has seen several Broadway shows before, but this was a first for Daniel and Matthew. The boys were jovial at dinner, excited pre-show, and well satisfied afterward. I most definitely enjoyed the show as well, but honestly, a big part of my enjoyment was seeing the reactions of the boys. Each of them was intrigued by different elements of the performance and noticed different things. Daniel was very attentive to the pit and paid attention to how many instrumentalists there were, what instruments were included, When the clarinet had a fantastic musical line, etc. Nathan was geeking out about the technology including lighting, props, sets and special effects. Matthew was completely lost in the story and on several occasions, I nearly laughed out loud at his reactions when the story took an unexpected twist. All came away feeling it was time well spent.
These experience gifts have been such a great thing for our family. I look forward to them nearly as much as the kids do. Being able to spend time together taking advantage of the many varied performances, exhibits and activities that life has to offer has been wonderful. I look forward to many more years experiencing life in all its variety!
(And yes, I know this particular title proves I’m a child of the ‘80’s. 😉)



No comments:
Post a Comment