Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Blessed

As of today, I am 45 years old. I suppose that folks at my age are supposed to be having a midlife crisis or something, but honestly, I think I’m happier and more content with who I am than I have been at any other age. I know a good part of that is the fact that I’m not having a migraine every day. That is an enormous blessing for me. But that is only part of it.

Back in 2015, there was a general conference talk titled “What Lack I Yet?” It struck a cord with me and I decided to follow the counsel given and ask the Lord where I could improve. He answered, of course, and I began my journey by seeking to improve in that one way. Since then, the Lord has given me more gentle guidance concerning ways that I am yet lacking. Some have been fairly easy to amend, others quite a struggle. But through it all, I have felt certain that I was on the Lord’s path. He has helped me see the kind of person he wants me to become and one small step at a time, he is helping me get there. He has also given me a glimpse of how he sees me, which has been both humbling and inspiring.

As a result of all this, I think that I’ve got a better idea of who I am and who I want to be. And I’m less likely to compare myself to others, which is always a recipe for contentment. I feel extremely blessed to have the Lord guiding me on my path through life, “For with God nothing shall be impossible.” (Luke 1:37) Not even the reinvention of an average stay-at-home mom.

No comments: