The yearly Pioneer Day block party has become one of those things Malia really looks forward to. It is like one last big blow out before the new school year starts. She was super excited this year. I mean, what’s not to love? The road is closed so she can ride her bike right down the middle of the street. She can run around with all her friends and eat her dessert first. There are games, fireworks, and an entire section of road set aside for sidewalk chalk. She gets to stay up past bedtime. And there is face painting, which she loves.
This is another of those events I don’t love because of the heat, but I’m really glad my kids enjoy it. I have fond memories of the many ward parties I attended in my youth and hopefully Malia is creating wonderful memories.

No comments:
Post a Comment