For Father’s Day my siblings and I pitched in to get my dad (and mom) a new microwave. Their old one worked sometimes, when it felt like it, on a whim, etc. With stainless steel being all the rage, my dad was unable to find one they liked in white so we ordered online. I picked it up today and while it was definitely not the plan, Daniel and Nathan ended up installing it for my folks. While it was supposed to be a simple, unplug, unscrew and swap, they ended up needing to replace the ventilation duct as well. After the fact, my dad told me that he had been highly skeptical about how the install would go and was pleasantly surprised that the boys did such a good job. I don’t know how it is in the world in general, but Kevin and I have always felt that our kids need some basic life skills which include cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, basic car care, basic household maintenance and repairs, etc. It was nice to see proof that they have internalized that and have actually learned something.


No comments:
Post a Comment