Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, June 4, 2018

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream!

Because of all the allergies, the kinds of ice cream Matthew can eat are extremely limited. He can have soy or coconut-based ice creams, but there are only a few flavors available in each. As such, I’ve always thought making homemade ice cream would be super because we could make it any flavor he wants. However, an ice cream maker has never come to the top of the list and I’m much to lazy to make it in a jar. During a conversation with my mom, I happened to mention my desire to make Matthew friendly ice cream and she proceeded to offer me her ice cream maker. She had purchased it years ago thinking she was going to make ice cream and then never did. So it was brand new, never been used. Let me tell you that I was quick to accept her offer!

This evening was our maiden voyage into home-made, allergen free ice cream. I had a friend offer me sweet cherries from her tree so that was our flavor of the week. And it was absolutely delicious! We’ve decided to spend the summer trying a new flavor each week for family home evening. I look forward to our further experiments!

No comments: