Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Saturday, October 25, 2014

There Are Still Good People in the World

Matthew wants to be a football player for Halloween. That is not a costume I was going to attempt to make, so we started asking around and have been able to borrow some padded pants and a jersey from one of my visiting teachers. All we lacked was a helmet. And you definitely can’t be a tackle football player without a helmet so we headed to our local Spirit Halloween store to see if we could find one. Matthew and I did a quick lap of the store and didn’t find anything, so we headed back to the front to ask an employee. I think the man we ended up asking was a manager because when he sadly had to tell us that he didn’t even get any football or cheerleader costumes in this year and Matthew was looking disappointed, he took us to the one thing he had that was close and then gave us a 50% discount because it wasn’t exactly what we wanted and would take a bit of work on our part. His philosophy is that he is there to make the kids happy…and he did. We took our purchase home and turned this…

…into this.

Needless to say, I said, “Thank you!” More than once in fact. And I’m pleased we were able to make it work so easily because I’m pretty sure they don’t allow beer in the second grade…

As for Matthew, he’s thrilled. He is wearing his helmet all the time and even making it into a functional accessory.

No comments: