Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, July 4, 2014

The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave

Sometimes I think we take for granted the fact that we live in a country that is built on the concept of freedom. I know that I do. But sometimes, like today, I found myself pondering on those freedoms and being enormously grateful for the blessings I have as a citizen of this great country. Sure, we have our problems, but overall we have it pretty good.  It is reassuring to know that I can live where ever I want, do whatever kind of a work I desire, worship in the way that feels best for me, express my opinions without fear of punishment, the list could go on and on.

I’m not sure how it is in other parts of the valley, but from where we live we can look out and see fireworks exploding across the entire valley. There are so many people shooting off fireworks in our neighborhood that it literally sounds like a war zone. As we sat outside this evening listening to the cacophony, it brought to mind the fact that the freedoms we have were gained because there were many willing to give up everything for the concept of freedom. All those, past and present, who are willing to serve in the armed forces have my respect, my admiration and my gratitude. May we all take a moment to honor them and to give thanks for all that we have.

So here is a glimpse of how we celebrated this year:

My mom and my sisters and I got patriotic pedicures.

Our favorite 4th of July beverage

Stompin' Poppers

Synchronized Popper Pelting

Sparklers for Beginners

Omega Bright Neon Sparklers for Big Boys

Nathan AKA: The Evil Wizard

Seriously, these sparklers were bright!

Spinning Sparklers Make Fun Pictures

Playing with Ice Cubes After a Couple People Burn Themselves

No comments: