Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Apparently I've Succeeded in Instilling a Love of Books in my Children

When we moved Malia from the crib to her big girl bed in August, she adjusted very quickly. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that there are built in bookshelves covering the wall at the head of the bed and she could stay in her bed like we instructed and still keep herself entertained. When I check on her before I go to bed at night I usually have to pull a few books out of her bed, sometimes from underneath her head because she has fallen asleep right on an open book.

Last night I found her fast asleep with at least two dozen books and two flashlights, one of which was still on. It would appear that she’s learned the flashlight under the covers trick early…but at least she loves books.

1 comment:

sweetlissybug said...

Oh, my gosh. That's adorable. You should take pictures of that.