Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Mama Drama

I just called out beloved neighborhood preschool teacher to register Malia for preschool in the fall. It kind of freaks me out because she isn’t even two and a half yet. But by the fall she will be three (just barely) and a couple of years of preschool will help us know if she is ready to start kindergarten when she is four (which happens for really young kids in year round school) or if she needs another year. I suspect she’ll be ready for kindergarten but I can’t say for sure.

I feel like she isn’t old enough for me to even be thinking about school yet, but I guess this is how it works for kids who have birthdays at the end of August. If she had waited to be born at the right time, I would have a whole ‘nother year until I had to face thoughts of school…of course, it’s way too late to do anything about that now. In fact, it was way too late about half a second after she decided she didn’t want a September birthday.

No comments: