Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, December 6, 2013

It’s Official…I Have a Teenager

With Thanksgiving being so late this year, Daniel’s birthday kind of snuck up on us. We celebrated with my family on the Sunday just after Thanksgiving and with all the holiday plans we had, I didn’t have time to make a cake. So Daniel picked out an ice cream cake from Coldstone instead. I didn’t even remember to take any pictures of him blowing out the candles. And he gets his birthday present from Kevin and I in June so there weren’t even presents. Poor kid.

This evening he had a party with his friends. Daniel decided he wanted doughnuts instead of cake so that part was super easy...and nine boys (plus Kevin, Malia and I) consumed three dozen sloppy joes and three dozen doughnuts. I’m sure the boy to food ratio will only get worse as they get older. But the boys had a great time. And Daniel’s favorite gift was a totally cool Doctor Who clock from his cousin Devon. He had multiple people offer to take it off his hands if he didn’t like it.




So I now have a thirteen year old. And he’s only a couple of inches shorter than I am. And I’m pretty sure that isn’t going to last. And he’s growing up way too fast…

No comments: