Imagine
my glee when I played a 3 minute song and the entire living room was picked up
in 1 ½ minutes! It seems that knowing there is a definite deadline, my boys
will actually pick up at a speed that is not on the slow side of snail. So not
only is the “One Song Pick Up” becoming a fixture in our house, but I get to
listen to an assortment of music that I haven’t listened to regularly in a
couple of decades. “Rock This Town” by the Stray Cats is Matthew’s current
favorite but the other boys like some variety so we try to mix it up. Eighties rock
seems to be everyone’s favorite so Kev bought an entire album of 80’s favorites
and we’ve been picking up to Billy Joel, Styx and Bon Jovi.
Is
it sad that I still remember almost all the lyrics to nearly all 79 songs on
that album? And is it even sadder that hearing it makes me dance like a sixteen
year old in a thirty-nine year old body? It may not be pretty, but it’s fun!
1 comment:
Just read this post and I have to ask how many of those songs do you remember being performed by Kids Inc.? I immediately pictured the "Rock This Town" Kids Inc. version.
Post a Comment