Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fall Festivities

At the Pumpkin Patch




Carving the Spoils of the Hunt


Daniel's Ironman, Matthew's Minion, Nathan's Scary Jack
 
The Big Day
 


 I always try to make a fun Halloween dinner so the kiddies will eat something healthy before they gorge on candy. This year's offerings were mummy dogs and skull head cucumbers. The cucumbers were a last minute addition. I have some ideas on how to make them look more skull-like next year.

Daniel as the Iron Patriot. He made his shoulder weapon out of cardboard, duct tape and elastic. I thought it looked great!

Nathan loves quirky and original costumes. This year he was "Partly Cloudy With a Chance of Rain."

Matthew as Ironman, the Mark 42 as opposed to last year's Mark 7.

Malia as Ladybug Girl. I wasn't sure she was going to like dressing up, but she loved it! And she loved running around the neighborhood with her trick or treat bag. She wouldn't let us carry her, even when she started to get cold and tired.

No comments: