Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Last night it was Matthew’s turn to give the lesson for family home evening. Since it was the Monday before Easter, he decided he wanted to give a lesson on Easter. So I helped him prepare the Easter egg lesson, the one where the eggs are numbered and each one contains an item that helps tell the story of the crucifixion and the resurrection.  As we were gathering all the items to put inside, Matthew would ask why each item was included and I would explain. One of the eggs was to contain a nail, but Matthew seemed really confused by that which kind of surprised me. I would have figured that he would know exactly what it was for, but I started explaining anyway. It didn’t take him long to interrupt me and tell me that one nail was not enough because Jesus had a nail in both hands. That was when I realized that not only did he know exactly what the nail represented, but it was very important to him that we have the right number of nails. So together we figured out how many nails we needed and he counted five nails into the egg.

When we got to that part during FHE, I welled up. Seriously, he is a pretty amazing kid. He is constantly reminding me what we can learn when we listen to the Spirit.

1 comment:

sweetlissybug said...

Wow. How powerful. He's going to be a great missionary one day. :) I'm tearing up, too.