Today we visited the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. The last time we went was two and a half years ago so Matthew, who is TOTALLY into dinosaurs right now does not remember. Needless to say, he was extremely excited. He ran (pretty literally) through the museum exclaiming things like, “That’s a t-rex just like Buddy!” (For those who don’t know, Buddy is the t-rex on “Dinosaur Train.”) He was excited to see the pteranadon and I was pretty astonished at how many dinos he could not only identify but also pronounce correctly. He really enjoyed “digging” for fossils in the big sand room at the end of the museum trip and when I asked him if we should make some “fossils” and get paint brushes to uncover them after we build him sandbox, he was incredibly enthusiastic about it. In fact, on the way home he asked if we could stop at the store and buy the sand for his sandbox. Except for the fact that I smashed the heck out of Malia’s hand in the stroller (it was one of those moments when I felt like the worst mom ever), we had a pretty good time.
(I have no idea what Matthew was doing, but he was definitely not letting us take a nice picture of him.)
(Malia contemplating her smooshed, bruised, bleeding and bandaged hand.)


1 comment:
I love the picture of Matthew. It made me laugh. And don't worry about hurting Malia. It was an accident and sometimes those happen. She's a fighter, remember? She'll get through it. You're a great mom.
Post a Comment