Yesterday was my birthday. As seems like the norm lately, Matthew was home sick all day. But to be honest, it just gave me a really fabulous excuse to sit around in front of the t.v. all day. We’ve had some expensive purchases in the last few months (a new car, a new camera, and a new ipod) so I wasn’t expecting anything extravagant for my birthday. However, Kev likes to have something for me to open, so he picked up a little something during a trip to Staples:
For those of you who are aware of my love of red shoes and my office supply fetish, you will understand how awesomely perfect (and perfectly funny!) this gift is! There is also a wonderful bouquet of flowers gracing my dining table.
So I’m officially thirty-eight years old and to be honest, I don’t feel that old. When I was a teenager, I scoffed when I heard adults say such things. Of course, at sixteen 18 is tantalizing, 21 is grown up, 25 is old and 30 is nearly dead. My perspective has changed somewhat since those years. Now I find that while parts of my body are beginning to show their age, inside I feel basically the same as I did twenty years ago. I would certainly hope that I’m wiser, I feel more confident and secure, I’m much more content, maybe even more level headed, but basically I don’t feel all that different. And now that I’m standing nearly at the gate of 40, I really understand how a person can honestly not feel as old as the years may declare.
In other news, Malia rolled over for the first time yesterday. I didn’t see it, but Nathan says she looked mightily surprised. She has been unable to duplicate the rolling so I’m pretty sure it was a mistake, but it won’t be long before it isn’t a mistake which means it is time to start playing bad cop where the Lego is concerned. I just hope my aging-before-my-very-eyes-body has enough get-up-and-go to keep up with her as she starts to become a mover and shaker.

1 comment:
Oh my goodness, how amazingly awesome is THAT!! Love it! :)
Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 38 club. (At least we aren't 40 like Bryan...) haha. :)
Post a Comment