Our hospital has a program that allows mothers to stay in their room free of charge if they have a baby in the level 2 nursery and either live more than thirty minutes away or are breastfeeding the baby. It is based on whether or not there is space, of course, but as of right now there are numerous empty rooms so I've opted to stay here at the hospital for a few more days so I can continue to nurse Malia. I am no longer a patient so I can come and go as I please which means that in between feedings I was able to go home a couple of times which I think was good for the boys. They are doing fine, but it has been a rather stressful week for everyone and having me home for dinner gave them (and me) just a bit of normalcy.
As for Malia, in between her improved feedings and tube feedings, she put on a bit of weight overnight. It's only about an ounce and a half, but for such a little thing that is pretty significant. Today she has been feeding well enough that they are only tube feeding her if she doesn't nurse for long enough. This evening she was actually hungry enough and alert enough that she got mad when I didn't feed her fast enough. So it was a good day. Hopefully a few more days like today will get her to the point where we can take her home.
2 comments:
i haven't checked my blog feed in a couple of days and was surprised to find all of this out! it sounds like you are being a strong mamma abd that malia is going to be just fine! i'm so relieved. i'll keep you both in my prayers.
CONGRATS THOUGH! she looks so precious. i love all of that hair! keep us all posted! {hugs}
Hooray! :)
Post a Comment