When I asked Matthew what he wanted on his birthday cake this year, he told me he wanted Buzz, Woody, and Evil Dr. Porkchop. There was no way I was going to attempt to make those particular characters out of frosting or fondant (I may enjoy making fun cakes, but there is a limit to what I’ll attempt) so I shopped around and found the pint-size action figure versions of each one. Throw in a few army men and some brightly colored frosting and voila! A Toy Story birthday cake! He was thrilled.
There were cupcakes and presents at home on his actual b-day. Toy Story is his thing right now and he got Buzz, Woody, and Hamm (although Matthew always calls him Evil Dr. Porkchop) for Christmas, so he was super excited to get Rex for his birthday.
He also got a Toy Story t-shirt but was super bummed that it is still way too big for him (there are only so many sizes to choose from when Mom gets presents by purchasing cold cereal).
After Christmas I picked up a game featuring Bullseye on clearance and Matthew was really excited about that as well.
The day after his birthday he got to share a poster and a treat with his friends at preschool. Throw in a Valentine’s party and he had a very busy week!
So he (and I) survived three. Four, here we come!





No comments:
Post a Comment