So Nathan had an appointment this morning and it was not what he (and we) were hoping. He has "slipped" a little, meaning that his eye is back to 20/25 instead of 20/20. The doctor assured us that this is completely normal and happens to a lot of kids as they start backing out of the patching. But what it means is that Nathan is back to patching four hours a day. He's handling it pretty well so far, but we'll see how he is in a few days.
After his appointment, we all went out to lunch. Kev took the day off work (it also happens to be our anniversary) so he was with us as well. We had lunch at Jason's Deli (yum!) and then we went to Kev's parents' house. That is when Kev realized that his cell phone was gone. He searched the car, called it from his parents' phone, couldn't find it. After we dropped the boys off (I love date night!), I called the doctor's office to see if it was there, with no success. Then I tried to call his phone again . . . and someone guy answered. I said, "Hello?" He responded with, "I think I have your phone." Apparently he had been at Jason's Deli and after he was finished and had driven away, he stopped at a stoplight and noticed a cell phone sitting on the hood of his car. That made me laugh. I mean, what are the chances that a tiny cell phone would stay balanced on the hood of a car as it drove down the road? Anyway, the guy took the phone back to the deli where we later picked it up. Random but true. Unfortunately I didn't think to ask the kind stranger for his name so we could give him a proper thank you. Kev thinks his phone went flying when he took his coat off after getting out of the car. The phone is all scratched up, but still fully functional. And now he doesn't have to tell his boss that he needs a new phone.
3 comments:
My cell phones are ALWAYS being replaced because of such random acts of fate....wish someone would have found and returned the last 8000 cell phone that I have lost.
Glad Kevin got his back!
aww.. I AM feeling the Utah love. :)
I am so glad you updated your blog. I was needing a Shauna fix!!
“Minutes go by like doves”
hahahaha.. I just read your updated Nathan and Matthew-isms and I am laughing so hard. Funny kids!
Post a Comment