Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Saturday, March 20, 2010

They Ate It And They Didn’t Die!

Matthew is a very particular child. There are things in his life that have to be a certain way or in a certain place. He has been this way since he was just a baby. Last week I made him a soft taco which he promptly unfolded. He ate the inside and then told me he needed a clean tortilla. He couldn’t eat the one that I had made into a taco because it was dirty. My mom is probably laughing right now and saying that I totally deserve him. When I was young my spaghetti couldn’t touch the sauce. I had to have them separate and then would dip one noodle in the sauce at a time. If my food was touching on the plate, I wouldn’t eat it. Anyway, in a world where things are expected to be a certain way, unexpected things (green pancakes, for instance) are not something to be taken lightly. Hence Matthew’s request for white pancakes on Wednesday.

But with a few days to consider the conundrum, Matthew took a walk on the wild side this morning. When we got out the waffle iron to make breakfast this morning, Matthew informed me that he wanted green waffles. Apparently watching the big boys successfully digest green pancakes with no ill effects has convinced him it is a desirable food choice. So green waffles were on the menu today. And he was mightily pleased!

1 comment:

Marilyn Barney said...

Yes, I had to laugh! Now you need to convince your boys that purple milk is special because it's dinosaur milk.