Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, March 14, 2010

“I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.” ~Woody Allen

Last night was opera night and it was the first time that I have ever seen the Macarena performed in the Capitol Theater. That, combined with a slow motion pillow fight, a few mighty fine Karate Kid moves, and a bunch of saucy comments made for a highly enjoyable evening. So many of the well known operas are tragedies (La Boheme, Madame Butterfly, Carmen, etc.) but I must say that while I have my favorites among them, I really enjoy a comic opera! Seriously, operas such as Die Fledermaus, which is a comic opera often performed in English, are like opera light and are a good way for the non-opera lovers to get a taste of a classic art form. Having an unknown opera turn out to be a comedy is always a pleasant surprise and “The Italian Girl in Algiers” was one of those surprises. Good times, people!

1 comment:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I have a friend who was in that opera...he's part of the Opera Chorus. He told me a lot about the hilarity in that show. Sounds like it was tons of fun!