Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Let's Go To The Fair!

Today we went to the county fair with Kev's parents. The boys have never been to the county fair and it's been a few years since we hit the state fair, so it was all new to them. We saw the animals, including those in the petting zoo. Matthew was pretty nervous and I can't say that I blame him. If I was face to face with a pig five times my size, I'd probably be nervous to. And he didn't last long inside the petting zoo, but liked looking at the animals from outside the fence.


The boys also got their first taste of amusement park rides. They had a blast and have started asking when they can go to Lagoon. Since I think of Lagoon as one enormous opportunity to vomit, I'll leave that one up to Kev.

(You'll have to click to the big version of this one so you can see the look on Nathan's face. He was having a blast!)



They were even more interested in the exhibits than I thought they would be. I was, however, surprised to see Lego creations entered in the visual arts department. That was something I had never seen before. Daniel, of course, was thrilled. Both Daniel and Nathan seemed interested in creating something for the fair. Now we just have to see if it gets funded for next year . . .

No comments: