In all the years I've spent living in a basement, which are many (in addition to spending the bulk of my childhood years in a basement bedroom, I've lived in a basement for a total of nine years since I graduated from high school), I've come across a variety of creepy crawly things. The basement where I grew up was mouse central. The basement apartment I lived in during college was a silver fish haven. The basement of my in-laws house is spider infected. And where we are now has a regular influx of crickets in the spring and summer. But this morning brought a creepy crawly that is all new to me, seasoned basement dweller that I am. Nathan came and told me there was a big bug in the kitchen but didn't know what it was. I walked in and discovered a big old slug sliming its way across the floor. The thing was at least four inches long. And it's the middle of winter! Snow and everything!
I'm so excited to be looking for a home where I get to live above ground.
2 comments:
Ew.
slugs gross me out.... yuck. i had a basement room for quite a while when i was a teenager. i used to catch spiders under glass canning jars. i always meant to slide a piece of paper under the jar and dispose of the spiders but some times i forgot or didn't want to get any closerhe spider. my mom would come downstairs and there would be jars all over the flower turnd upside down over a spider. hehe.
Post a Comment