Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, October 31, 2008

Duckies and Skeletons and Bugs! Oh, My! (or Halloween Part III: The Final Chapter)

Halloween. The day of ghosts and goblins, tricks and treats. The day when every parent of a food allergic child has a near coronary at the thought of a Snickers bar accidentally making its way into their child's bucket. How to avoid this? Reverse trick or treating. But that comes later. First, dinner. Spaghetti and eyeballs . . .yum!

We took the boys to the trunk or treat at my parents' church and Kev walked one car in front of us, perusing the candy selection and handing people things to give to Matthew. Most people were mighty confused and thought he was a total weirdo, but by the time I arrived with Matthew and they had processed what was going on, they had a tendency to comment to me that it was a smart idea. Matthew gave up carrying his bucket after a while, perfectly content to carry as many Smarties and Teddy Grahams as his little hands could hold.


Daniel and Nathan were seasoned professionals at the whole thing, arriving home with their buckets full to the brim with a future sugar rush.

And Kev and I put the boys to bed and then watched an obscure Hitchcock film, which ended up being mighty stupid (which is probably why it is obscure).

3 comments:

Tiff Keetch said...

I think that was a fantastic idea for Matthew!

Do you think he'll figure it out in the years to come??

(I love how Daniel is holding his mask up. hehe.)

Tiff Keetch said...

Oh.. and I LOVE your spaghetti creature!

Peyton and Jayce said...

The spaghetti and eyeballs looks amazing! You are far too talented! CUTE kids too! I find it so refreshing to read about other mothers problems with their children! Sometimes I feel so alone- like I am the only mother blessed with "Naughty-ness!" Its good to know I have company in that area!