Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, May 30, 2008

305

Nathan has a favorite number. His favorite number is 305. Yup. That's right. My five-year-old's favorite number is three hundred and five. However, if you ask him what his favorite number is, he will probably just look all confused. How then, you may ask, do I know it is his favorite? Because of statements such as these:

"I want 305 presents for my birthday."
"I'm 305% full!"
"Why are there 305 traffic lights?"
"You can get baptized when you are 8, or older, like 305."
"What if we had a carrot that was 305 feet tall?"
"I'm not going to ride my bike 305 times a day because I want it to stay just like it is for a few days."
"If we play too much we'll be 305% tired."

When I was his age my favorite number was 16. It seemed like a really big number. I don't think I even had a good concept of how much 300 was. Just another sign that my children are all smarter than I am.

2 comments:

Brisa said...

how funny!

Megan said...

what a random favorite number! my favorite number was always 7. thanks for the positive post :) i know things will get better. in the midst of disaster it's hard to see the light :\