Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, April 11, 2008

Trio

Three good things have happened to me today. The first involved shopping (which I generally abhor). Jeans were on sale and since I've resorted to iron on patches to keep my current jeans wearable, I figured I better just suffer the store and get a new pair. But here's the good part: I found a pair of jeans not only in my size, but in a petite! Yay, yay, yay! I don't have to roll up the legs and the waistband does not come up to my armpits! It was like a mini miracle in the Shopko.

The second good thing is that Nathan brought me flowers. As adults, we usually look out over the yard and let a few curses escape our lips over the weeds that blemish our less than perfect lawn. But to a four year old, a dandelion is nothing more than a beautiful flower to give to his mother.

The third good thing happened after lunch. I was washing the dishes when I heard Matthew complaining behind me. He wasn't shrieking in pain or anything, just complaining. So I turned around and saw this:


And thus was I blessed with the gift of laughter. This crazy kid of mine has a thing about shoes and has recently discovered that playing with the shoe rack is a super fun accompaniment to shoe-capades. So I couldn't help but laugh when he fell in the thing and got stuck!

I don't think it is a coincidence that two of my three good things came because of my children. In my crazy, stressed out life (and in spite of the fact that they contribute greatly to my crazy, stressed out life) my children bring me many "shining moments of joy and satisfaction." And yes, I laugh at them. I can't help it. You try to keep a straight face when your four year old son falls off his chair screaming because he bit his own finger while eating lunch.

3 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

HA! I love the shoe rack trap. And I love that he wasn't even crying. What a tough kid!

Sometimes I laugh at my kids because it's all I can do to keep myself from crying!

Tiff Keetch said...

Oh my heck Shauna! I laughed so hard I had mini tears. I can't believe Nathan bit his own finger (hehe) and "jelly beans"... man, I have a great appreciation for that kid. :)

Brisa said...

what a cutie-patootie!