Nathan and I had a conversation in the car on the way home from preschool today. It went something like this:
Me: "We need to stop at Papa Murphy's on the way home to get dinner for tonight."
Nathan: "Will they give me cookie dough?"
Me: "No."
Nathan: "Why not?"
Me: "Because it's not Halloween."
Nathan: "I remember on last Halloween we went there and they gave me cookie dough. Do you remember that they gave me cookie dough?"
Me: "Yes, I remember."
Nathan: "Do you know how I remember?"
Me: "How?"
Nathan: "I have a video of it in my head."
Me: (Silence. I had no idea what to say. And I was trying not to laugh because he was completely serious.)
He proceeded to ask if I remembered when we went to the zoo on his birthday and saw the bird show. Apparently he remembers that event because he has a picture of it in his head. He reminded me of several others things, announcing finally that he has two videos and two pictures in his head. That means he has four things in his head. By the time we got that far, I was smirking and practically snorting trying not to laugh. It's probably a good thing he couldn't see my face.
Nathan made several people laugh in church last Sunday. It was Ward Conference and one of the Stake Primary ladies was doing sharing time. She talked about how families are a treasure and that we can work with our families, have fun with our families, etc. Near the end of her lesson, she asked the children what they could do with their families today that would be good on a Sunday. Nathan, as unabashed as ever, immediately yelled out, "Don't go golfing!" And I just about fell off my chair for laughing. Rachael lost it to. Our pianist was sitting behind the piano practically rolling. I give a round of applause to the stake lady. She didn't even pause. She just acknowledged his comment and went on with the lesson. What a pro. It takes every bit of my self control not to let the hilarity get the best of me when Nathan makes another great contribution to the world that is our language.
1 comment:
I love that he has pictures and videos in his head. I remember having them too. My younger brother would re-enact his in the form of playing and bopping around. Sounds like he has a great imagination!
Post a Comment