Eventually we had to give up for a time in order to get everyone ready for church. I got dressed, the boys sat down to eat breakfast, and then Kev came home from his meetings. When he heard we had a rogue fish, he began researching everywhere in case I had missed something. I was pretty sure I wouldn't miss a dead fish, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. As the clock kept on ticking, we again had to abandon the search. I was brushing my teeth and Kev was getting Matthew dressed when I heard Daniel yell, "Whoa!!! I found the fish!!!" And sure enough. There he was, stuck to the back of Daniel's bib (Daniel only wears a bib when he is eating in his Sunday shirt because he only has one white shirt and a stray bit of ketchup would ruin church for Mom). He had been sitting there wearing the fish the whole time! He admits quite freely that it kind of freaked him out.
Poor, dead, dried out fish. He must have flung himself out of his bowl sometime soon after being fed last night because he was completely crunchy. And not in a good fish stick way. Nathan asked Kev why we couldn't cut the fish. I think he is super curious about what a fish looks like inside because he asked me during the great search why we couldn't see fish bones and in my distraction I replied that we had no idea where the fish was so of course we couldn't see his bones. Poor, sad, bummed out Nathan. during his preschool birthday celebration on Wednesday, he counted the fish as a member of the family. So now we need a new fish. And a bigger bowl. With a lid. Perhaps a fishbowl by Tupperware.
In conclusion, please join me in a moment of silence in remembrance of Goldfish. May he rest in peace.
Stupid fish.
6 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh. As someone who has to live with like 200 fish.. I would absolutely, positively freak out if I found out I was wearing a dead one. EWWW!
Sometimes Justin's (not mine!) fish get sick, so he puts them in a little tank... in the kitchen. I have to watch them die a slow death. I hate it.
Btw, (not to make this comment longer by any means) if you want a fish (or five) for free, we can give you one. And Nathan can have his pick! But you will need an oxygen pump for your tank. Not sure if that's more work or not. Let me know :)
Can you imagine the stink if you hadn't found Moby Dork?
How on earth did the thing get stuck on a bib? *shudder* I would have puked if I found out I had worn that.
that's hilarious!! i love fish stories. when josh was three he tried changing the fish water and he put the poor little fish into hot water, poor thing got cooked to death! good thing they don't cost very much( is that mean?!)
Wow Tell Nathan that his favorite 12 year old girl cousin on your side of the family says well at least he didn't die 3 days after christmas, or don't if it would lose the favoritism of favorite 12 year old girl cousin on your side
EW! While I think the story is funny, still.....ew! You are a fantastic writer by the way. Very entertaining.
Post a Comment