Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, April 21, 2008

His Own Dumb Fault

Matthew got stuck again today, but it was more annoying than funny this time. I had a laundry basket full of clean towels that I hadn't had time to fold and he climbed up in the basket and then couldn't figure out how to get out. So he cried. I got him out, turned around, and he promptly climbed right back into the basket. And cried when he couldn't get out. So I got him out again. And the cycle repeated itself about six times. By then I was trying to put food on the plates so we could eat dinner, Nathan was whining at me (He didn't pick up his room so I went in when the allotted time had passed and picked it up for him. That means everything I picked up is mine until he earns it back. It doesn't make him happy.), Kev had just called to say he was running late, and Matthew was sitting in the laundry basket crying . . . again. This was the point when I can truly say that I had one nerve left and my children were getting on it! I'm not sure whether he was trying to get out or just lost his balance, but just then Matthew tipped over in the laundry basket, smacked his face on the tile, and gave himself a bloody nose. Sigh. I've heard it said that life would be boring, but there are moments when boring sounds really fantastic.

4 comments:

Patti said...

You've been tagged. Read my blog for more information.

I've had that last nerve. Isn't it nice that by the next morning it can often grow friends to keep it company?

Tiff Keetch said...

So that's how your kids behave so well.. I really like that idea of letting them earn their stuff back. It uses the old "let the punishment fit the crime" routine. It's written in my notes. :)

Brisa said...

shauna, thank you for offering to help you're so sweet! thank goodness i'm doing better.

Hannah S said...

Oh, I hope it didn't get on any of the laundry...a bloody nose for dinner. nice way to start it off!