This winter has been a weird one. Weird in that it hasn’t actually been winter. We got snow once and other than that, it has been ridiculously warm, like 60-70 degree highs in January which is supposed to be the coldest month around here. Last Sunday I had to seriously consider whether to wear boots or sandals to church. It was kind of ridiculous. Today, we got a skiff of snow, just enough to coat the grass but not stick to the pavement. It was actually quite disappointing.
On the other hand, our Loganites finally got to experience a full-fledged winter. And by that, I mean 10 inches of snow in 6 hours, the university shut down, tow trucks stuck in the snow, shuttles sliding off the road, etc. Daniel hunkered down at home to do homework and paid work, having gotten the necessary access and permissions to work at home, but after only an hour, the power went out which effectively ended his internet-based job availability. Tawni, who works for a plant nursery, was slogging through the snow, gathering employees into the greenhouses, and sending folks home early once the snowfall slowed enough to make driving a bit safer. Nathan took full advantage of an afternoon with no classes and no work by putting on all his snow gear and making a snow angel. Technically he said he was going to shovel the walk, but honestly, I think he was just looking for an excuse to go play in the snow. And I’m so very glad that he still has a bit of that childlike glee that comes with the snow!
Ahh, the magic of snow. Perhaps I’ll experience that again someday, but I suspect it won’t be this season.
No comments:
Post a Comment