Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Tuesday, June 3, 2025

Bao Bounceback

Apparently, Nathan is my child. Because his bao did not turn out as beautiful as he would have liked last week, he made another batch today to redeem himself as a cook. I do things like that all the time. When something doesn’t turn out just right, sometimes most of the time I have to try again to get better results. And most often, I end up needing to try again immediately so my brain can let it go and allow me to sleep. It’s one of those perfectionist tendencies I have. And honestly, sometimes it is a little annoying. I mean, why is a less than perfect cookie so devastating that I have to make a new batch right now so that I can feel good about myself? Seriously, being a perfectionist can be a drag. But at least Nathan waited a whole week before he made bao again. I suspect that is a much healthier way to approach improving upon one’s cooking skills!

Daniel was at work this time, but Tawni was on board for another bao filled day and her sister Charlotte joined the crew as well. And I’m going to be honest. Charlotte, as a bao novice, created some beautifully pleated bao that are far prettier than I have ever been able to make. The unpleated ones still taste just as good, but gosh, I wish I could make them that pretty!

I guess that means I need to make more bao…right now. 😂 


No comments: