Today was another cousins’ temple trip to the Taylorsville Temple. Jacob, Rachael’s oldest son, came home from his mission in Germany exactly one week ago and was in attendance today, so Nathan took the day off work and came down to join us. In addition to Nathan and Jacob, we had Matthew, Malia, Drew, Sabrina, and Kate. Matthew, Jacob and Drew all performed baptisms as well as being baptized and Nathan and Jacob both performed confirmations. It was so neat to be there with this group of worthy youth and young adults. The world they are growing up in is far less than ideal and to see this rising generation stand strong amidst the storm is both humbling and inspiring. Their love of the temple and their willingness to serve there often helps strengthen them and is such an amazing example to me. I know I’ve said this before, but sometimes I feel like I’m learning just as much from them as they are learning from me. This is one of the many things that brings one of my favorite scriptures to mind. “For the preacher was no better than the hearer, neither was the teacher any better than the learner; and thus they were all equal.” (Alma 1:26) I may be one of the parents charged with bringing up this rising generation, but I feel immensely humbled by that role as I catch a glimpse of their potential and the great force for good they can become.

No comments:
Post a Comment