Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, March 25, 2024

She’s a Big Girl Now!

Ok, so technically Malia has been a big girl for a while now. In fact, I think she might be a tiny bit taller than me. But I cheated for our family pictures in December and wore heels, so it looks like I’m still noticeably taller than she is. Basically, what I’m saying is that my tween is no longer little. If she wanted to, she could probably steal my clothes…but our styles are very different, so I don’t think there’s any danger of that happening. πŸ˜‚

A few years back when Malia brought up the topic of pierced ears, Kevin and I told her it was a middle school thing. She was actually fine with that since at the time the idea of sticking something sharp through her ears was not all that appealing. But with a few years and three-fourths of seventh grade behind her, Malia revisited the pierced ears idea and decided she was ready. And since her timing is well in accordance with our “middle school” decree and the kids have spring break this week, Malia decided today was the day. So, we drove through the driving snow (perfect spring break weather, right? 😜) and got her ears pierced. 

Cute, right? And I mean the girl, not the earrings. πŸ˜‰ Said cute girl is currently browsing Amazon for “fun earrings.”

No comments: