I love fresh peaches. Bottled and canned are alright, but fresh peaches are a delight. Due to their delicate nature though, they are only available around here when they are in season. It is peach season right now and my family and I have been enjoying it wholeheartedly. Kevin stopped in Brigham City and bought a bushel and we have eaten all of them. We have enjoyed pancakes, cobbler, and muffins as well as many bowls of simply peeled and sliced peaches. As we neared the end of the bushel, a neighbor arrived with peaches from their tree as they had more than they could eat. We consumed all those as well. And since I was still peach hungry, another box was purchased so we could continue to enjoy the bounty for as long as the peaches are available. Honestly, it has been heavenly.
Nathan has also been enjoying peach season. As a Logan resident, he is much closer to Brigham City than we are, and he has taken advantage of that. He split a box of peaches with some friends and has been baking up a peach flavored storm of his very own. His version of peach muffins was a hit, and he has peach baked oatmeal nestled into the freezer to be eaten as a quick breakfast on busy school mornings. Nathan enjoys cooking and he loves peaches nearly as much as I do, so he has been having a great time. And Daniel, who cooks so he won’t starve to death and not because he enjoys it like Nathan does (and therefore has a tendency to make meals that require little effort) has been lucky enough to sample Nathan’s creations. I suspect he is going to benefit from Nathan’s culinary enjoyment often.
As peach season winds down, I am already looking forward to next year. We have tucked some bags of peaches in the freezer to enjoy in the meantime, but as mentioned before, they just aren’t quite the same as fresh, unprocessed peaches.



No comments:
Post a Comment