Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Renewed Red, White and Blue

One of the fun traditions my sisters and I have is the yearly gathering for patriotic pedicures. We missed last year (stupid COVID) and while I could have done my nails at home, 1) doing it alone was nowhere near as fun and 2) my mind was so wrapped up in other far more stressful things that it never even occurred to me until it was long past the appropriate holiday. When I realized that the time had passed, I mourned the missed event as yet another way our lives had been disrupted. I think all my sisters missed our time together as much as I did, because this year we jumped the gun and got our toenail time in a few weeks earlier than normal. We also added the daughters to the occasion which was super fun! Malia got to come with me, and we all created our red, white and blue sandal wearing proclamation of our love of country.
 


Is it sad that looking at my toes makes me ridiculously happy right now?

No comments: