As everyone who is not currently in a coma knows, this year has been different for many reasons. Now the holiday season is nearly upon us and it will also look different. The mass gatherings and large parties are on hold for now and while there are definitely things I’m looking forward to, it is not going to be exactly like normal. With these serious thoughts in the forefront of my mind, I have found myself in need of some whimsy. We generally take turns choosing our weekly FHE treat, but when I told my kids I intended to highjack the treat for the rest of the month, they responded with enthusiasm. They know me well. 😁
This evening held our first October treat surprise. The enjoyment I had in creating it was equaled by the enjoyment my family had in seeing them. And the enjoyment we all had in eating them was enormous. The original idea used chocolate chip cookies, but I think tossing frosting on a chocolate chip cookie ruins both the cookie and the frosting. And as much as I enjoy food that looks fantastic, it has to taste good too. So I discovered a no-roll sugar cookie recipe and it was delicious. It will most definitely be making repeat appearances in our treat rotation.
Our fang-tastic Dracula dentures were only the first holiday themed surprise on the docket. I’m so looking forward to the others!
Self-Improving Quote of the Day
- "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott
Monday, October 12, 2020
Sweet Tooth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment