Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Expecto Patronum!

Our penultimate day of Harry Potter week was a bit less busy than some of our previous days. I do the grocery shopping on Thursday mornings and have Relief Society presidency meetings on Thursday afternoons, so I have less time available to be a proper educator of the magical arts. Malia did have defense against the dark arts where she learned to create a corporeal patronus. Her patronus is a horse (of course) and I think it turned out quite nicely. She also learned that chocolate is the appropriate treatment for the aftereffects of being in close proximity to dementors. After her lesson was complete, she gave it her all in the (tabletop) quidditch finals. She and Matthew have a tendency to bicker non-stop right now and as such, there was definitely some non-sportsmanlike behavior, but up until then she had a good time. There will be additional games with other family members, but the rest of us had a busy day and weren’t available this afternoon.









Our magical week is winding down and I think she’s sad about that, but there are still some fun things planned for tomorrow!

No comments: