With the ages of the majority of my children in double digits, the Easter festivities have mellowed considerably. We have been able to focus more on the real meaning of the holiday which has been fantastic. We still color eggs and do the egg hunt for Malia, but now I actually have kids that will eat the deviled eggs and egg salad that come afterward. In past years, Kevin and I ate as many hard-cooked eggs as we could before we tossed the last few just so that the kids could color them.
At eleven, this was Matthew’s last year to hunt eggs. Mentally, I think Matthew is done with the whole Easter egg hunt thing. However, he definitely still likes to have a basketful of sugar, so I suspect he persevered for the sake of the candy. He does still enjoy the fine art of dying eggs so he happily participated in that. Malia was as gung ho as ever about the whole thing and the big boys enjoy the copious amounts of jelly beans.
I always like when General Conference and Easter fall on the same day, so that was great this year. It is uplifting to listen to the words of the prophet and apostles and really ponder on the marvelous blessings we receive as a result of the atonement and resurrection. It makes for a wonderful experience. So it was a good weekend, a great holiday, not much in the ways of news to report, but fabulous just the same.




No comments:
Post a Comment