Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

When Did He Grow Up?

Today has been a big day for Daniel, and not just because it was pie day. 😉

(Nathan and I created some very serious pi. He made the lovely crust and I made the cranberry custard goodness that filled it.)

This afternoon Daniel became a legal driver. Yup, that’s the official temporary license. I’m not sure if he’s excited or not, but I’m excited (and a bit nervous). It will definitely make getting him to all his various activities easier though. He has become a typical teenager who is heavily involved in extra curricular and social activities and getting him everywhere he needs and wants to be has become wearying. So this will be a good thing. I just have to steel my nerves for the moment he walks out the door alone, with the keys in his hand.


This evening Daniel received an official invitation to his first ever school dance. The lovely girl who asked him has been in band and the various accompanying carpools for years. Like Daniel, she is a Whovian and she knows that he is a Trekkie as well. (Since the advent of the new iteration of Star Trek, being a Trekkie isn’t viewed as being anywhere near as geeky as it used to be. Either that, or being geeky has become more mainstream.) The tribble reference from Star Trek was a perfect fit for Daniel.


I try not to think about the fact that this kid of mine with graduate from high school in a year and a half…

No comments: